Algorithms and Architectures for digital Hearing Aids
The basic principles of digital hearing aid systems and cochlear implants are addressed in this lecture. The main topics are the audio algorithms and the hardware architectures of the different hearing aid systems.
Content of this lecture:
- Hearing loss / digital hearing aids
- Cochlea implants
- Acoustic signals
- Basics of audio signal processing
- Dynamic digital compression
- Acoustic directionality
- Wind Noise
- Noise reduction algorithms
- Feedback cancellation algorithms
- Binaural signal processing
Lecture starting date: 14.04.2020
Tuesdays, 14:00 - 15:30
Exercise starting date: 14.04.2020
Tuesdays, 15:45 - 17:15
Oral examination, 30 minutes.
This lecture is recommended for students in the master program.
Please see the StudIP portal for more information.